WELCOME to the Literary Giveaway Blog Hop! This hop is hosted by Judith@Leeswammes (http://leeswammes.wordpress.com – English book blog; http://boekblogger.wordpress.com – Dutch book blog), in the Netherlands, and open between Saturday, November 9, and Wednesday, November 13. You can hop almost 40 different book blogs, all offering one or more giveaways of books or bookish items. All books are literary fiction, nonfiction or something close. Follow the links at the bottom of the post to find the other participating blogs.
MY GIVEAWAY, as part of this blog hop, is a copy of my novel, Where the Horses Run, Book I, Mass Extinction (http://www.amazon.com/Where-Horses-Run-Book-Extinction/dp/147010251X). This link opens in a separate window if you want to look it over. The Kindle edition has a “Look Inside” with the prologue and first four chapters, plus part of chapter five for review, because it’s a thick book.
This blog hop giveaway is open to worldwide entries, but remember the book is published in English only. If chosen the book will be sent directly to you from the publisher, CreateSpace Independent Publisher.
Some lucky winner can be introduced to my idea of a catastrophic world event as told by Elle Whitlock recounting her story from the journal notes she kept. This is only the beginning as many mysteries are to be solved throughout the trilogy. Elle must first accept the lose of her beloved species and rediscover her life’s path. It was lost by her early death in a previous life. With support from her close-knit family of friends and help (through dreams and visions) from those who knew her in that previous life, she must step back onto her path and complete her life’s task. She must explain what is meant by the disappearance of all the world’s equine species. She hopes their findings will help them discover the safe haven where the horses run and how to get there before an expected disaster hits the Earth.
To Enter, Read the Rules:
1. Anyone worldwide can enter (unless elsewhere noted). You do not need to have a blog .
2. You need a post office recognized address, anywhere in the world, where you can receive a package. This book is 420 pages thick, so keep that in mind if all you have is a small postal box. Be sure you will get a notice to pick it up.
3. You do not have to be a follower, or become a follower, although you are welcome to follow if you like my blog. Following by email is easy, just click on the word “Follow” in the upper right to be given an opportunity to enter your email address.
4. TO ENTER leave a comment below. All I need is your name, email address or link to an email connection where I can leave a message. For my own curiosity I’d like to know what country you are located in. You can give a city, state, county, parish or other designated location if you wish, or think it might be hard to find on a world map. If you should win I will request your mailing address when I notify you, so you don’t have to leave it now.
6. I will notify the winner by email, so be sure what you’ve left in your comment is written clearly and correctly. The winner will need to respond to my email within 3 days or I will choose a new winner. Once the winner is contacted and the package on the way I will announce it here, on this page on this blog, as an addendum. You will have to check back to learn who won and what country they live in, and possibly a little about them if the winner is willing to share.
7. You have from 4 a.m GMT or 11:00 pm Friday, November 8th , U.S. Central Time, until 11 p.m., U.S. Central Time, November 13 to enter. GMT at 4 a.m. November 9th is 5 a.m. in the UK, 6 a.m. in Amsterdam, midnight in New York, Friday November 8th and 9 p.m. in California, and November 9th 3 p.m. in Australia (Sydney).
8. Note that double or invalid entries will be removed, and not considered eligible.
9. My book will be sent directly from the publisher. I will also notify the winner of its shipping date and expected time of arrival.
GOOD LUCK to ALL and THANKS for playing. Now start blog hopping for more giveaways. (I’m #10 on the list, and it’s corrected now to get a link.)
- Announcement: Literary Giveaway Blog Hop (November 9-13 ) (leeswammes.wordpress.com)
ADDENDUM 11/14: The winner has been picked and an email sent, but still waiting for a reply. If none is received by 11p.m. CDT, Saturday, November 16th, another will be picked.
I haven’t received an email so I’m assuming I haven’t won any of the books I tried for. But it was fun to visit all the blogs included and spread over the world.
ADDENDUM 11/15: Maricris Dimia of the Philippines won the copy of Where the Horses Run, Book I, Mass Extinction. With the recent disaster there I was worried I wouldn’t hear from her, but today I received her acknowledgement and mailing address. A book is now on the way to her. I hope any turmoil in the lives of her friends and family are repaired by the time it arrives. And I hope she enjoys the book.